“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"- Jesus. Matthew 11:28


February 27, 2015

Four drawer easel card

Hi all!!

Hope you are well wherever you are! February is about to end and soon its time for the blog candy draw. If anyone is still interested please feel free to join. I always appreciate your visits and lovely friendship!! You can see the candy post here. As I already said, in addition to the winners news, I have another good news to share with you. Please do check in the first week of March.

Now onto my card. This is going to be a little longer than my usual short posts :)

I've never tried many types of cards, except easel card and some few fold cards. I always stick to the normal card making, which I myself got bored!! :) So for a change, I tried an Easel card with four drawers.And tried to make the card as much as shabby chic as possible.

As you can see I kept on adding flowers till I was satisfied and the center white flower is the lace flower hand made, which I mentioned in previous post.

Now with the drawers opened, (a special waiting for you:) )

its yummy chocolates sitting inside each draw :).

The candies in one of the drawers  have gone inside while I was the taking picture :). Hope you can see a small quilled cupcake on the left side.

Here's a closer look at it:



Now the card closed:

A close up of the flowers:


The other side:

Some details of the materials that have been used
Dcvw French Country Paper stack and Lucky Season paper pad.
Flowers-lace flower hand made, other flowers store bought.
Corner charms and antique  key charm
brads and laces
Die cuts
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Prima Engraver crystals

I must frankly give a special mention to the white self adhesive fabric tape from Lulupu store,used here. Its simply superb!! For a lace lover like me, the first thing came to my mind when I saw self adhesive fabric tape was, how can a lace be self adhesive!! But I must say, that I was overwhelmingly satisfied and have used one full roll for this card. Simply I couldn't stop using!! :). This is my honest opinion!.

Thank you for your sweet visits and lovely comments. Entering this for the:


BGC#65 - Mood board + Stamping

My second card for the challenge.Inspired by the shabby chic colours and flowers!

Also sharing with Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration Link up #8




21 comments:

  1. Wow! I never expected those little drawers. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lace, the roses, the key...lovely! Everything on this card is simply beautiful, my friend :)

    Thanks for sharing at ROI - you are a dear. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its soo very pretty sarah... love the shabby colours and look u hav given... love the drawers too

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely stunning!! lovely flowers... gorgeous creation Sarah!! can't stop admiring it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully shabby chic card sarah ! Loved the pretty handmade blooms .you have placed the drawers differently than stacking them , nice !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the color and beautiful flowers.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarah this is just beautiful! Simply stunning! You have worked really hard on this its gorgeous :)
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sarah! Loved your easel card with the boxes! very unique!
    Thanks for playing along in Lulupu Challenge!
    -Dolly
    Lulupu DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow thats pretty and unique !
    Thanks for playing with BGC this month
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So pretty. The colours, flower cluster and the idea. Would look so nice on someone's desk. Thank you for joining us at Lulupu this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! That's super! I like the idea with drawers!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not seen one of these cards before, wow that is so cool and a fun surprise for whoever receives it!! Lovely arrangement of your flowers and you did a wonderful job with the lace flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can only imagine the time put into making such a lovely card. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, this is superb Sara !

    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC

    Hugs
    Shubhra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats a lot of work in that card but loved every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah, I couldn't find an email for you so I am answering your question here about the sponge I used to put on the gesso, my craft store sells small sponges in the art department and I cut them down to small pieces but other girls use a paint brush. Just make sure you wash off your stamp and anything else you use with the gesso right away so it doesn't harden on there, thanks for stopping by and your comments

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sarah ! This is fabulous ! Love the lace and flowers and the key is a lovely addition ! Beautifully made !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card came out gorgeous! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on our apothecary jar post. I am now following along too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. P.S. We also have a homemaking link up on Mondays if you would like to join in ~

    http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/search/label/Link%20Ups

    ReplyDelete