Guess what is today's post about? I think you guessed it right!.
I'm so excited to share some "Paper roses" I've made for the first time :) and the method I used ! Yes I have a small tute on the same :) May be you can take this as my version of making paper roses :). Because, I watched some fabulous tutorials on you tube on making paper flowers and roses and ended up with this method with changes here and there.
And you know what? I had some A4 plain white sheets left, after making my Sunday school certificates and didn't want to throw them just like that. So ended up making varied colored roses :).
Okay, now to my first set of roses. ( Two red and one orange)
2. Cut the circles
3. Fold the circle in half vertically
4. Another fold
5& 6. Third fold and mark the petal shape. ( You can draw any shape according to the flower)
7.Cut the shape
8.Open the circle
9. Paint with your favorite color ( I used acrylic yellow and red, mixed ) on both the sides of the circle.
10. Cut a single petal out of one circle, and two petals out of another.
11, 12 & 13.Glue on one side to form the base
14. These will serve as the bottom two layers
15, 16, 17 & 18. With the cut petals, form the bud. ( roll one single petal and glue the sides.).
19. With more petals form the centre bud. (Make sure they are glued and dried for some time).
20, Now you have this centre bud.
21. Cut the base of the bud. (before cutting, make sure it is dried enough).
22.Now place this bud in the centre of the base we've already made.Roll the petals down ward with your fingers to get some natural look.
Hope it was useful. I know you crafty friends are all already well versed in the art of flower making! But I thought of sharing the method I used :) May be it will help some one who lands newly in my blog :).
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a nice day.